Uploading a Site Template in MOSS 2007
1. Download the site template EXE file to your computer.
2. Run the EXE file to unpack the template file to a location on your computer.
3. Select the template file, <template_name>.stp, from the extracted distribution for the application template you wish to install.
4. Log into your SharePoint site as the site Administrator.
5. From the Site Actions drop-down menu in the top right, select Site Settings.
6. Under the Galleries section, select Site templates.
7. Select Upload to load an application template into this SharePoint site.
8. Browse to the <template_name>.stp file from the distribution and select Open. If you have several application templates to load into your site, you can use the Upload Multiple Files… option to load them all at once.
9. Click Ok to complete the upload of the application template to your SharePoint site.
Applying the new Site Template:
1. Log into your SharePoint site as the site Administrator.
2. From the Site Actions drop-down menu in the top right, select Site Settings.
3. Under the Site Administration section, select Sites and Workspaces.
4. Select Create to create a new site using a site template.
5. Complete the new SharePoint site information. In the Template Selection section, select the Custom tab. Any application templates that have been uploaded will be listed here.
6. Select the template to use for this site and click Create.
7. A site has now been created using the application template.